Monday, September 27, 2010

It's time for comfort food

I love when the weather turns chilly, because most good comfort foods are better when it's cold out.  Yes, I've been known to make chili or mac and cheese when it's pushing 90, but it just tastes better when it's pushing 50.

The Brit and I are trying to get back on the home-cooked food wagon and since I had today off before starting a five day streak, I played Suzie homemaker for the afternoon.  Okay, Suzie probably wouldn't have made muffins from a box mix but hey, it's been in our cupboard for weeks.  Hopefully the Trader Joe's Triple Berry Bran Muffins will be a good breakfast alternative to all the coffee shop fare.

His next request was a lunch item, namely tuna noodle casserole.  My last attempt was okay but a bit blah, so I found a new recipe today.  I love anything with less than ten ingredients!

The recipe came from Pinch My Salt and I think my only edit was to double the recipe and cut back on the bread crumbs because I did it in a deeper dish with less surface area.  We haven't tried it yet but it smells delicious!

My cooking isn't done for the day.  We were up north at the cabin for the weekend and Mom sent us home with s beautiful salmon filet.  So despite the fact I just made a casserole, I'm actually cooking the salmon for dinner.  The casserole will become instant leftovers.  A bit crazy but we just can't waste this salmon!  I've been doing a lot of salmon with dill lately and wanted something different so I found a recipe with a brown sugar and soy sauce glaze.  Will let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment